Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, curried roasted root veg soup. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
In a soup pot, add olive oil, curry powder and onions. Add the prepared roasted vegetables and potatoes. Add prepared Knorr® Liquid Concentrated Base Vegetable. Sprinkle the curry powder into the bowl and toss again to coat evenly.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook curried roasted root veg soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup:
- Prepare 4 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- Prepare 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (I would suggest you chop them a little bit smaller than the parsnips, as they take longer to cook)
- Make ready 2 tsp coriander seeds
- Make ready 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Get 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp paprika
- Get 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Take 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- Prepare 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Take 1 thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated
- Take 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take 2 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- Prepare 4 tbsp natural yogurt or creme fraiche
DIRECTIONS In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples, onion, garlic, ginger root, curry, cumin, ground corriander, thyme and cayenne. Melt butter in a very large soup pot. Sautee the onions, garlic, ginger, chili, cumin, and curry powder until softened.
Steps to make Curried Roasted Root Veg Soup:
- In a dry pan, heat the cumin seeds and coriander seeds until they are fragrant and beginning to pop slightly. Grind them up in a pestle and mortar (if you don't have one, skip this step and just use ground cumin and coriander)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil around the sides of a large bowl, add the vegetables, spices and some salt and ground black pepper. Mix up with your hands.
- Spread the vegetables out on a baking sheet and put into a 180C oven for 20-25 minutes, turning them around halfway through
- When the vegetables are a bit browned, get a large soup pan on a medium heat and heat the other tablespoon of oil
- Saute the onion until soft, then add the garluc and ginger and saute for another minute
- Scrape the roasted vegetables into pan and then add the water or stock and turn up the heat to bring it to a boil
- Turn down the heat again and simmer the soup for 12-15 minutes
- Blend the soup, either in the pan with a stick blender, or in a liquidizer. Either way, please be very careful with hot liquid!
- Serve soup with yogurt or creme fraiche spooned into the middle, with a warm roll or a warm naan bread ;)
Melt butter in a very large soup pot. Sautee the onions, garlic, ginger, chili, cumin, and curry powder until softened. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, ground spices and curry powder.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food curried roasted root veg soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!