Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, carrot and potato gratin. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Combine half the cheese and remaining ingredients. For a lighter gratin that doesn't need to wait for winter, layer potatoes and carrots with parmesan and lots of fresh thyme and use chicken stock as your liquid. It's just as good at room temperature as it is hot, which makes it an unlikely but excellent picnic candidate. This recipe was developed in partnership with Le Cordon Bleu.
Carrot and Potato Gratin is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Carrot and Potato Gratin is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook carrot and potato gratin using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Make ready 2 onions, sliced (not diced)
- Make ready 5 potatoes, sliced thin
- Take 4 carrots, sliced thin
- Take 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 1.5 tbsp butter
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper,
- Make ready 1.5 cups heavy cream
- Prepare to taste Dried thyme,
- Get 1 tbsp corn starch
- Get 3/4 cup shredded parm cheese
- Prepare 1 cup mixed shredded cheese (I used cheddar/mozz mix)
- Make ready 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Remove from the oven and serve. Golden Potato and Carrot Gratin is a warm, cheesy dish, spiced with thyme and nutmeg. The rich flavors of the vegetables and spices mixed with the gooey cheese will draw you back for seconds, and most likely thirds. In a large saucepan, heat the cream with the butter and bay leaves over medium-high.
Steps to make Carrot and Potato Gratin:
- Melt butter in pan and caramelize onions, add garlic in the last 5 min of cooking.. salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the cream, parm cheese, corn starch,salt, pepper and thyme to taste
- Layer potatoes and carrots, top with half the carmelized onions, pour half the liquid mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Continue this until all ingredients are used.
- Top with last bit of shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Place foil on top and bake in 400°F oven for about 45-min to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil in the last 10 min of cooking to brown the top.
The rich flavors of the vegetables and spices mixed with the gooey cheese will draw you back for seconds, and most likely thirds. In a large saucepan, heat the cream with the butter and bay leaves over medium-high. Stir in the garlic, carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery root and bring to a boil. Spread the potato rounds in an even layer in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour a third of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food carrot and potato gratin recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!