Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cheesy leek and potato pies. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spoon a layer of the leek mixture into the lined dish, grate over some cheddar and top with a layer of potatoes and the melting cheese slices. Repeat the layering until you have filled the pie dish - press down to compact it. Drain the potatoes and stir into the cooked leeks. Method For the filling, melt the butter in a wide lidded saucepan over a medium-high heat.
Cheesy leek and potato pies is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Cheesy leek and potato pies is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook cheesy leek and potato pies using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheesy leek and potato pies:
- Make ready 1 medium leek
- Prepare 1 large jacket potato
- Get Pinch rosemary
- Get 100 g grated cheese
- Make ready Knob butter
- Take 1 pack shortcrust pastry
It adds a creamy texture and gentle flavor without taking over the vegetables. Cut a round of pastry to cover and slightly overlap the dish in which the pie is to be cooked. Beat together the egg and milk, and brush the egg-wash all over the pastry. Serve the pie with a salad greens.
Instructions to make Cheesy leek and potato pies:
- Roll out pastry and cut bases and tops. Place on greaseproof paper and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Chop the potato and slice the leek. Here I’m using frozen leek that we had in the freezer.
- Add the potato to a pan of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until the potato is just cooked.
- Add the butter, leek and herbs to a pan and heat until the leek is just soft. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the potato and add to the leek. Mix well. Allow to cool.
- As the leek and potato cool add the cheese and mix. Allow to stand until cold.
- When the cheesy leek and potato mix is cold. Line the cold pie maker with the bases and fill.
- Cook until the pies are golden. Remove from the maker and allow to cool.
Beat together the egg and milk, and brush the egg-wash all over the pastry. Serve the pie with a salad greens. Grease a medium ovenproof dish with the butter or spray oil. Arrange a layer of the potato slices in the base of the dish, overlapping the slices. Divide the leek mixture in half and spread one half over the layer of potatoes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cheesy leek and potato pies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!