Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, quick cheese scones. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mix flour, cheese, milk and salt together until combined. The mixture is fairly moist and sticky. Put about a rounded tablespoon of mixture onto a greased tray. Many people have trouble making traditional scones, me included.
Quick cheese scones is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Quick cheese scones is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook quick cheese scones using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick cheese scones:
- Get 225 g Self Raising Flour + a little for dusting
- Take Pinch salt
- Make ready Pinch cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1 tsp baking powder
- Get 55 g chilled butter
- Prepare 120 g mature cheddar
- Prepare 90-100 ml milk + some for glazing
And making cheese scones is also a great way to use up any scraps leftover from the cheeseboard! Most bakers suggest using Cheddar, Red Leicester or other mature hard cheeses for your savoury. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter.
Steps to make Quick cheese scones:
- Pre heat the oven to 180’C fan and put a metal baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- Prep your ingredients and grate the cheddar ready.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and salt to a large bowl. Mix with a spoon till all combined.
- Add the butter in cubes and with your fingertips rub the butter into the flour till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Now add half the grated cheese and mix together.
- Slowly add a little milk at a time to the flour mixture - mixing constantly with your hands till you have a soft but firm dough.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on a smooth surface a roll out the dough to a 2cm thickness. Flour your cutter (any shape you like!) and cut out as many as you can - you may need to re roll a couple of times to use all the mixture.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven and cover with a piece of parchment paper. Move the cut scones to the tray and glaze with the leftover milk and sprinkle some cheese on top. Move to the oven and cook for 15-20 mins till golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Then enjoy with lots of butter!
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter. Rub the flour and butter together. Generously grease a baking sheet with butter, then sprinkle with a little flour to prevent the scones from sticking. Sieve the self-rising flour into a large baking bowl.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food quick cheese scones recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!