Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, brazo de mercedes ( custard roll). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brazo de Mercedes, a Filipino favorite dessert, is a meringue roll with custard cream in the center. It is quite easy to make, as long as you have a stand mixer, a half sheet baking pan and a reliable oven. Brazo de Mercedes is a type of rolled cake (sometimes referred to as jelly roll) made from a sheet of soft meringue with custard filling. This heavenly cake can be considered as one of the all-time favorites in the Philippines.
Brazo de mercedes ( custard roll) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Brazo de mercedes ( custard roll) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook brazo de mercedes ( custard roll) using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brazo de mercedes ( custard roll):
- Prepare 10 piece large raw eggs, yolks and white separated
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Get 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Prepare 14 oz condensed milk
Starting on the filled side, carefully roll meringue into a log. To serve, cut into desired thickness. Source: kawalingpinoy.com Brazo de Mercedes (literally Mercedes' Arms in Spanish) is a popular Filipino dessert, a meringue cake roll with custard filling. Brazo de Mercedes is another delicious Filipino dessert that is made of soft, pillowy meringue with rich custard filling rolled into a log, jelly-roll fashion.
Steps to make Brazo de mercedes ( custard roll):
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar then beat using an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Make the meringue by gradually adding the granulated sugar while mixing the ingredients. Continue mixing until the texture is semi-firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Fahrenheit. Place wax paper on top of a cookie sheet or large rectangular baking pan and grease the surface.
- Place the meringue on top of the greased wax paper then spread evenly using a spatula. Bake the meringue for 20 to 22 minutes or until the color of the top part turns light to medium brown.
- While the meringue is in the oven, make the filling by combining the egg yolks and condensed milk in a small cooking pot. Apply heat and cook the mixture while continuously stirring until the texture becomes thick. Add the vanilla extract to the condensed milk and egg yolk mixture, turn off the heat, and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Remove the meringue from the oven and cool down for a few minutes. Sprinkle the confectioners sugar on top of the meringue then place wax paper on the top part of the meringue followed by a similar sized baking pan or tray. The meringue should now be in the middle of two baking trays.
- Flip the meringue: the new cookie sheet/baking tray placed on top should now be below. Remove the baking tray and the wax paper (you should now see the opposite side of the baked meringue) then spread the filling (cooked egg yolks, condensed milk, and vanilla extract mixture) over the meringue.Roll. Complete rolling side to side starting at the longest side. Make sure that the layer with filling is rolled inward.
Source: kawalingpinoy.com Brazo de Mercedes (literally Mercedes' Arms in Spanish) is a popular Filipino dessert, a meringue cake roll with custard filling. Brazo de Mercedes is another delicious Filipino dessert that is made of soft, pillowy meringue with rich custard filling rolled into a log, jelly-roll fashion. Learn the secret to get that perfect meringue with a super fine foamy texture that easily melts in your mouth like magic! Brazo de mercedes is a type of jelly roll dessert made with a pillowy meringue rolled around a rich custard filling. Although initially I was intimidated by what I thought to be a very complicated process, it turned out to be a pretty simple cake to make.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food brazo de mercedes ( custard roll) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!