Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, coconut custard cream pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Custard Cream Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Coconut Custard Cream Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Old fashioned coconut cream pie has a creamy, homemade custard base and is topped with easy sweetened whipped cream. Use your favorite baked crust or a graham cracker crust. Coconut is a food item that the kids did not like when they were younger. Rather than the airy texture of coconut cream pie, our Coconut Custard Pie is smooth and rich with a chilled custard base filled with sweetened shreds of coconut.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have coconut custard cream pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Custard Cream Pie:
- Make ready Crust:
- Prepare 24 Graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs
- Take 1/3 cup melted butter
- Take Filling:
- Take 2 1/4 cups toasted coconut
- Prepare 1/3 cup flour
- Prepare 1/3 cup sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)
- Prepare 4 egg yolks
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla
- Take 2 tsp almond extract
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs butter
Add in vanilla, coconut, and food coloring. Pour filling into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle top with additional coconut before baking, just enough to lightly cover the top. Coconut-cream pie, a spin-off of custard-cream pie, is a traditional Southern favorite that has moved far beyond the lower regions of the country to more widespread appreciation.
Instructions to make Coconut Custard Cream Pie:
- In large sauce pan toast coconut over very low heat, stirring VERY often. Very careful not to burn! Set coconut aside.
- Mix butter and crumbs and press into 9" pie shell and set aside.
- In same sauce pan, add flour, sugar, salt and milk. Separate eggs and put whisked yolks into bowl.
- Cook milk mixture over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until it boils. Cook 1 minute.
- Temper eggs (whisking yolks constantly as you slowly add about half the hot milk mixture)
- Return milk/yolk mixture to sauce pan and bring back to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Turn off heat and add extracts, butter, and just 2 cups of the toasted coconut (save 1/4 cup for garnishing the pie).
- Mix thoroughly and pour into pie crust, top with remaining toasted coconut.
- Place pie on wire wrack and cool. Chill in fridge 2-4 hours or over night. Serve with whipped cream.
- To make it chocolate, add 4oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate into the flour/milk mixture before cooking. You can also toast some sliced almonds for the filling and/or garnish.
Sprinkle top with additional coconut before baking, just enough to lightly cover the top. Coconut-cream pie, a spin-off of custard-cream pie, is a traditional Southern favorite that has moved far beyond the lower regions of the country to more widespread appreciation. This recipe is Martha's version of the classic dessert. Heat milk in a small saucepan then pour milk slowly into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in coconut, then pour mixture into pastry shell.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food coconut custard cream pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!