Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, baked ziti - tuscan flavored. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored is something that I have loved my whole life.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan set over high heat. How to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored By rikminptc ~ Make use of your outdoor grill by taking Baked Ziti to another level. Grill up some garden vegetables and Italian sausage and then incorporate this into a baked pasta dish that goes into the oven. As with most Italian baked dishes, it's even better the next day.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook baked ziti - tuscan flavored using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Prepare 1 eggplant (peeled, sliced 1/2”)
- Make ready 1 zucchini (sliced 1/2”)
- Take 4 plum tomatoes (sliced in half – lengthwise)
- Make ready 1/2 red onion (halved – lengthwise)
- Take Drizzle of olive oil
- Take 1 lb. Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- Prepare 1 can (5.75 oz) whole, pitted black olives (sliced in half)
- Prepare 1 jar roasted red bell peppers (chopped)
- Get Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Get 1 box (16 oz) Pasta - Penne or Ziti
- Get 1 large jar (32oz) or more, tomato sauce
- Get Dash red pepper flakes
- Get 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Make ready 16 oz fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- Take 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Cook the ziti until not quite al dente. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti. Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti.
Instructions to make Baked Ziti - Tuscan Flavored:
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- Place the first four prepared vegetables on a platter for grilling. Drizzle all the vegetables lightly with olive oil. [A bit heavier with the eggplant]
- Place the slices on the grill (oil side down) and reduce the grill temp to low – medium. Brush olive oil on the tops. Grill for 7 minutes, then 5 minutes on the other side. [Keep tomatoes to a lower temp side of the grill]
- Remove the vegetables to a platter, but leave the onion to grill a bit more. Place the sausage(s) on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the sausage and onion to a plate and let cool.
- On a cutting board, slice the grilled vegetables into bite-sized portions. Place them into a large bowl. Add the black olives and roasted red bell peppers. Drizzle the bowl ingredients with balsamic vinegar.
- On a cutting board, slice the sausage into 1/2” slices. Place these pieces on a plate.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions for a slightly al dente firmness. Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and drizzle with olive oil while mixing.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a very large lasagna pan (or deep dish pan) and coat the bottom of the pan with a bit of the tomato sauce. Add the pasta and then the vegetables and spread evenly. Place the sausage pieces on top.
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top and add a dash of red pepper flakes (lightly) to areas of the sauce. Top the sauce with fresh basil and now the cheese. Place the pan in the heated oven.
- Bake covered (aluminum foil) for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove the pan and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Top with parsley.
- Use a large serving spoon or spatula to serve. Enjoy with toasted garlic bread and northern Italian red wine.
Try RICOTTA CHEESE instead of sour cream and skip the provolone for a real Italian version of Baked Ziti. Mix an egg into a pound of ricotta to make it nice and creamy, and toss with the ziti. Layer sauce first (so you don't need to butter the pan), then ziti/cheese, mozzarella, sprinkle with parm and a little dried oregano or basil, then. Baked Ziti tastes like you've been cooking all day but is surprisingly quick to make! Italian sausage gives the zesty sauce lots of flavor with little effort.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food baked ziti - tuscan flavored recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!