Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, christmas jam. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. This festive jam is being posted for a request. A few years ago, I hit upon the idea of presenting family and friends with baskets of homemade jam as gifts. With cherries, cinnamon and cloves, this smells and tastes like Christmas! —Marilyn Reineman, Stockton, California.
CHRISTMAS JAM is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. CHRISTMAS JAM is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook christmas jam using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make CHRISTMAS JAM:
- Get 3 cup cranberries
- Get 1 orange - peeled - seeded
- Get 1 (10 oz) bag frozen sliced strawberries slightly thawed
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Take 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Take 4 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1/2 cup water
- Prepare 1 -3oz. pack liquid pectin
- Take 2 tsp orange zest
Christmas Jam is a simple and delicious treat that everyone on your holiday gift list will love! (And here's one last helpful tip - this Christmas Jam is a delicious alternative to cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving! If your guests don't like the tart flavors of cranberry sauce, they will probably love this jam instead!) This Christmas Jam is a delicious, sweet-tart blend of cranberries, strawberries, oranges and seasonal spices that are sure to please your palate. Perfect for canning up and giving away as a thoughtful, homemade gift this season! Apparently Christmas jam is a thing.
Steps to make CHRISTMAS JAM:
- Combine cranberries & orange sections in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add strawberries , zest , spices process until finely chopped. But not pureed.
- Stir together fruit muxture & sugar & water in a very large sausepan. Until well blended. Cook for 2 minutes over low heat. Stirring constantly. Increase heat to high. Bring to a full rolling boil. Stir in pectin.
- Stirring constantly again & boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off foam. Immediately pour into jars. Adjust lids & bands. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from water. Allow to cool. Check to make they are sealed. If not refrigerate. Store away.( I got 6 half pints).
Perfect for canning up and giving away as a thoughtful, homemade gift this season! Apparently Christmas jam is a thing. As a chef and a food blogger, I had no clue. This is a fine example of the food world today, chances are, the idea (recipe) is out there long before you came up with the recipe, the only hope is you make it better. Jam is something I love and have blogged about before.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food christmas jam recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!