Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, baked eggplant. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Prepare a baking dish with non-stick play. Baked eggplant is a classic, healthy dish that is very easy to prepare in its most basic form. Many people avoid baking eggplant because it can turn out oily and soggy if you aren't careful. Keep reading to learn how to prepare baked eggplant with just the right texture - creamy on the inside with a light layer of crunch on the outside.
Baked eggplant is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Baked eggplant is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have baked eggplant using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Baked eggplant:
- Get long eggplants
- Make ready red pepper
- Make ready small hot pepper
- Take small clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Prepare parsley
- Get feta cheese
- Take little extra virgin olive oil
But eggplant can also be baked into a healthier take on French fries, roasted and mixed in with pasta, or broiled and pureed to make a tasty dip. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the dipped slices in the Parmesan mixture, pushing down gently to coat well. Transfer the coated slices to the baking sheet.
Steps to make Baked eggplant:
- Wrap the eggplants and peppers in aluminum foil and bake them. Place them in the hot coals - the aluminum foil will prevent the ashes from getting in. They are ready when they are tender when you press them with a fork. Take care to avoid overcooking them.
- Remove the vegetables from the aluminum foil and peel them aw they are, whole. Place the eggplants in a large platter in a fan pattern. Cut the red pepper into strips and mash the hot pepper.
- Cut the eggplants across as they are laid out on the platter, in small pieces - the most tender ones will get mashed. Spread over them the peppers, the feta cheese, crumbled, the garlic and finally the parsley, finely cut. Add olive oil and toss lightly.
Dredge the dipped slices in the Parmesan mixture, pushing down gently to coat well. Transfer the coated slices to the baking sheet. This simple eggplant preparation is one of the best—as easy and delicious as grilling. Roast small Italian eggplant as a versatile side dish and drizzle with lemon or your favorite vinaigrette. Or roast larger globe eggplant and use the flesh in other recipes like pastas, soups, or starters (my favorite is the Eggplant Caviar).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food baked eggplant recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!