Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, easy wholemeal loaf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Easy Wholemeal Loaf is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Easy Wholemeal Loaf is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Measure the flour into a large mixing bowl, then all you do is simply sprinkle on the salt and easy bake yeast, using a spatula mix everything together thoroughly. Make a well in the centre and pour in all the hand-hot water. I wanted a soft, wholemeal, dairy free sandwich loaf. Substituted malt extract for the muscovado and lard for the butter.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook easy wholemeal loaf using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Wholemeal Loaf:
- Prepare 500 g strong wholemeal flour
- Prepare 7 g dry active yeast
- Make ready 1.5 tsp salt
- Get 50 g melted butter/margarine
- Get 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Take 300 ml lukewarm water
When preparing the dough, leave to prove until it has doubled twice in size. This will make sure you loaf is full of air and will stay well risen when baking. Why is this Easy Wholemeal (Whole Wheat) Bread recipe so good? There is no kneading involved in this easy wholemeal bread recipe at all.
Steps to make Easy Wholemeal Loaf:
- Preheat oven to 200°c, gas mark 6. Set shelf to middle.
- Add salt and yeast to the dry the flour.
- Add sugar and melted butter to the water and mix into flour and yeast with a knife.
- Add dough to a food mixer with a dough attachment or knead for 10 mins.
- Once kneaded add dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling film and leave at room temperature for 2 hours to prove.
- After 2 hours the dough should be about double the size. Take dough out and knead gently 3 or 4 times.
- Add dough to a lightly greased loaf tin and brush with a little egg yolk. Add toppings as requires. Oats, seeds, herbs, salt and pepper etc.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins at 200°c then reduce to 180°c and bake for a further 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven. Tapping the bottom of the loaf should sound hollow if done. Cool on a wire rack.
Why is this Easy Wholemeal (Whole Wheat) Bread recipe so good? There is no kneading involved in this easy wholemeal bread recipe at all. Gentle mix with a spoon and you're done. No fancy equipment is required beside few basics like mixing bowl, spoon, kitchen scales and a loaf tin. Divide it into two pieces and shape each piece into a loaf.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food easy wholemeal loaf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!