Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, foodi hearty pasta sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I decided to see if I could speed up the process using today's Ninja Foodi technology. Any electric pressure cooker (like an Instapot) should work the same. Pour water and pasta in the Foodi. Add pinch of salt to prevent noodles from sticking.
Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have foodi hearty pasta sauce using 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce:
- Prepare 2 lb ground beef
- Prepare 1 lb mild sausage
- Take 6 oz pepperoni (chopped)
- Make ready (2) small onions (chopped)
- Prepare (1) medium green pepper (chopped)
- Get 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- Take 3/4 oz package fresh basil (chopped, divided into two piles)
- Take 4 tsp dried Italian seasoning (divided 2tsp each)
- Take 4 tsp dried oregano seasoning (divided 2tsp each)
- Prepare 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- Take (2) 28oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
- Make ready (2) 15oz cans tomato sauce
- Get (2) 6oz cans tomato paste
- Prepare 30 oz water (or less, see instructions)
- Take 8.5 oz jar julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs
- Make ready 2 tsp baking soda
- Make ready 4 Tbsp salted butter
- Get 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare (optional) 2-6Tbsp corn starch plus cold water
The pasta was cooked perfectly, there was the perfect amount of sauce and the flavor was great. Cooking the spaghetti in the NINJA FOODI helped all of the flavors come together nicely. Here is a really easy homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce recipe! All you need are a few cans of this and a roll of that to make the most flavorful sauce ever.
Steps to make Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce:
- Insert the nanoceramic inner pot, no basket or rack. Turn the Foodi on saute, hi temp, and add ground beef, sausage, and pepperoni. Stir and break up meat as it cooks to crumble it. Cook until no pink (approx. 10 minutes)
- Add onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to cook evenly.
- Add half the basil and half the dried spices (oregano and Italian seasoning). Add minced garlic. Cook another 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Carefully hand-crush the whole tomatoes into the pot one by one by pushing them through your fingers using your thumb. Do this slowly, or you'll squirt yourself with juice. Dump the remaining juice from the can into the pot.
- Add the tomato sauce. Don't toss those empty cans yet.
- Add the tomato paste. (Tip: If you use a can opener on both the top and bottom lids but don't remove one lid, you can push the paste down using the remaining lid and won't need to try to scrape it out. Just be sure to take the metal lids out of the sauce and toss them!)
- Fill both the empty tomato sauce cans with water. Add the water to the pot being careful to leave at least one inch from the max line of the pot. If it's getting too high, use less water. (Ok to throw those cans away now. 😊)
- Add the other half of the basil and dried spices. Add the entire jar of sun-dried tomatoes. Stir well.
- Now the fun part. Add the baking soda. The sauce will bubble. That's the acid reducing in the sauce. (No one likes heartburn.)
- Add the butter (cold is fine) to the top. Double check and make certain you haven't passed the max line of the Foodi pot.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi and set it to seal.
- Switch the function from saute to pressure, lo temp, 30 minutes, and press start.
- Natural release 10 minutes. Then quick release. The quick release will take about 5 minutes. (Tip: This is when I start to boil water on the stove for whatever pasta I'll use.)
- Use a spoon and go just under the surface, lifting the oil off the top. Discard into a bowl. You won't remove all the oil. Just remove a decent amount. The oil adds flavor and mix right in with a good stir, so leaving some is good.
- Stir well and add the grated parmesan cheese. Stop here if you don't want a thicker sauce.
- Set Foodi back to saute but med temp. Rest a piece of foil or a simmer screen over the pot to avoid spatter. Cook 3 minutes to return to a boil. Don't try stirring yet because it will be bubbling quickly and you could burn yourself.
- Drop saute temp down to lo-md. Stir here, making sure to stir bottom.
- Add 2Tbsp cornstarch to 1/4 cup cold water in a cup and mix well. Pour into sauce and stir well. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon until sauce thickens. Repeat this step every 5 minutes until your sauce is as thick as you'the like. (4Tbsp is the sweet mark for me.)
- Serve over your choice of cooked pasta (e.g., spaghetti, rigatoni, rotini, etc) topped with grated Parmesan. Sides of salad and warm crusty garlic bread make it a perfect comfort food dinner.
Here is a really easy homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce recipe! All you need are a few cans of this and a roll of that to make the most flavorful sauce ever. Way better than any jarred sauce. Pour the remaining cup of beef broth into the pasta sauce bottle, put the lid on and shake. This will help get every last bit of sauce out of the jar.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food foodi hearty pasta sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!