Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Remove the tops and scrub the orange and rainbow carrots with a vegetable brush. Slice the wedges into thin triangles. Place in a medium bowl, add the carrots, olive oil, salt, and chili powder, and toss to combine. This roasted carrot recipe is savory and slightly sweet.
Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad:
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb carrots
- Make ready 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- Prepare 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Get 2 sprigs thyme
- Get 2 cloves garlic, minced (use garlic press)
- Take Olive Oil
- Prepare Salt
- Get 5 navel oranges
- Make ready 3 avocados
- Take Olive Oil
- Make ready Lime Juice
- Make ready Smoked Paprika
- Prepare leaves cilantro
On prepared pan, toss together carrots and olive oil; arrange in a single layer. Pour orange juice mixture over carrots, and toss gently to coat. Peel carrots, trim ends and cut lengthwise into quarters. (If the carrots are large, cut in half across, then lengthwise.). Put carrots in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper, paprika and orange juice, stirring to coat the carrots.
Steps to make Roasted Carrot, Orange & Avocado Salad:
- Peel the carrots and cut o the bias into long slices about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Grind the coriander and fennel seeds in a coffee mill. Put the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with oil, just enough to lightly coat them. Sprinkle with the ground coriander and fennel seeds, the minced garlic and salt and toss again to mix well. Lay the thyme sprigs on top of the carrots and roast at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes. The carrots should be tender but not mushy.
- While the carrots are roasting prepare the oranges and avocados. Cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges, then peel them, using the knife and cutting down from top to bottom all around the orange; slice the oranges across the grain forming pin wheels of about 1/3 thick; remove the flesh from the skin. cut each avocado half into about 6 wedges. Lightly salt the avocado wedges.
- When the carrots are done, assemble the salads on plates arranging the carrot slices, orange slices and avocado wedges. Put a few cilantro leaves on each salad. Drizzle with a just a little lime juice and then dust with a little bit of smoked paprika. Serve immediately. This salad also works to add cherry tomatoes and little bit of mixed greens.
Peel carrots, trim ends and cut lengthwise into quarters. (If the carrots are large, cut in half across, then lengthwise.). Put carrots in a bowl with the oil, salt and pepper, paprika and orange juice, stirring to coat the carrots. Spread in a heavy baking dish or cast iron skillet large enough to hold carrots in a single layer. Arrange carrots in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Pour orange juice over carrots, and mix well.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food roasted carrot, orange & avocado salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!