Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, filo pastry baklava. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Baklava is a perennial favorite, a classic Greek pastry made with flaky phyllo dough that is layered with a cinnamon-spiced nut filling and bathed in sweet syrup. It's crunchy and sweet and very decadent. This particular version is sure to please not only people who love Greek food but also those who favor nuts in their desserts. Do try the recipe Phyllo pastry or Filo is a very thin unleavened dough used for making pastries and it's of Middle Eastern origin.
Filo Pastry Baklava is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Filo Pastry Baklava is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook filo pastry baklava using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Filo Pastry Baklava:
- Get For the Baklava and Nut Filling
- Take 1/2 cup pistachios
- Make ready As needed walnuts,hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Take 1/4 cup sugar
- Make ready 1-2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Take 1 large pinch ground cloves
- Get 16 -oz package phyllo dough
- Get 1 1/2-2 sticks unsalted butter
- Make ready For the Honey Syrup
- Get 3/4 cup sugar
- Get 1 cup cold water
- Make ready 1 cup honey
- Prepare 1 tbsp orange extract
- Make ready 1 lemon, juice of lemon
Cut whole stack at once to fit the dimensions of the baking dish. Cover filo with a clean, damp drying cloth to keep from drying out as you work. Place two sheets of filo in the dish, buttering the top layer. Baklava is layers of ground nuts and phyllo dough drizzled with a spiced honey syrup after it's done baking.
Steps to make Filo Pastry Baklava:
- Mix all the ingredients of filling and keep it aside. Melt butter and keep it ready.
- Now remove the fillo pastry sheets aside and start assembling the Bakalava -
- 1st layer will be fillo sheet,apply butter on it, then sprinkle some nuts mixture. Then convert another fillo pastry sheet on it and apply melted butter.
- Repeat above steps and at end cut the desired shaped (diamond or square) make sure you apply enough butter at every sheet
- Bake it at 160 degrees for 15 mins. And once it is done you can pour hot syrup into.
- For syrup- add all ingredients together and boil it until syrup consistency. Before pouring into baked baklava let it cool down little bit (should be warm while pouring stage)
Place two sheets of filo in the dish, buttering the top layer. Baklava is layers of ground nuts and phyllo dough drizzled with a spiced honey syrup after it's done baking. This stuff is sweet but not too sweet, the syrup is perfectly flavored with lemon, honey and cinnamon. Traditionally, walnuts are used but I used pecans. You can also use almonds or pistachios, or even a combination of nuts.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food filo pastry baklava recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!